What is the cure for chronic depression?

Question
I have chronic depression. I take Wellbutrin but it doesn't seem to help. Are there some people who never recover from depression?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Depression

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The future has many newer modalities of treatment Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW I am sorry to learn about your illness. Yes, there are people who never recover fully but more than 80% have significant improvement in symptoms . There may be many reasons for poor response to treatment but there have been emergence of newer medicines in last 1 years like Vortioxetine,rTMS,Deep brain stimulation etc giving new hope to patients. Besides many newer molecules with different mechanism of action are likely to get FDA approval so I think we may be entering a new era for treatment of depression in near future. Hope this is helpful DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA

Follow-up: What is the cure for chronic depression? 1 hour later
Can you recommend any medications that might help me now?

Brief Answer: I need to know your complete history Detailed Answer: Hello Certainly; but final decision should be taken in consultation with your local psychiatrist. I need to know your complete history, since when you have depression, which medications you have been tried on what doses for how long, complete family history, drug abuse,degree of recovery ,family circumstances . Only then I can suggest you a medicine. Have you tried on SSRI , I should know your detailed symptoms . DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA