What is the cure for abdominal pain ?

i am having an abdomen pain and vomiting sensation.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 37 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Sudden onset of abdominal pain and nausea can be due to various reasons as Gastritis,food poisoning,allergy to any food,gall stones,Appendicitis etc.
Some suggestions for you:
Avoid heavy meal and have light food like khichdi and soups.
Drink lots of water.
For relief from nausea take fresh grounded cumin seeds.
Avoid dairy products.

If the symptoms worsen like increased abdominal pain and bouts of vomiting consider visiting a Physician soon for evaluation.You might require USG abdomen to rule out the exact cause of pain and nausea.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.

Follow-up: What is the cure for abdominal pain ? 1 hour later
hey i am also having stomach heaviness, i am feeling hungry but not feeling like eating anything.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 34 minutes later

It seems that you are having stomach infection.Have some light food item,do have something like khichdi/buttermilk.It will also help in nausea.If you would not eat anything acid reflux can occur causing nausea to increase.
As I have already explained that if the pain and heaviness increases then you might require prescription medications for relief and curing the infection if present.

Wishing you Good Health!