What is the color less liquid from my breast?

Mar 2016

Hi, I am 20 weeks pregnant. A colour less liquid is coming from my breast from past 1 week. Also at times breast is paining.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIGH PROLACTIN DURING PREGNANCY IS THE CAUSE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Milky or watery discharge (mild) from breast is quite common during pregnancy period and it is quite physiological. It occurs mostly due to high prolactin level. It is a sign that your body is prepping to breastfeed your baby. However, I suggest to undergo one routine breast examination for clinical evaluation. In addition, you must clean breast including nipple regularly to avoid cracking and bacterial infection. They can cause breast pain by blocking milk duct. Wear tight or comfortable breast support. Hot pad compression is quite effective. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW