What is the chance of getting pregnant from the intercourse during ovulation day?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
is my husband the father of my child?I have been going to a fertility clinic for 4 months. on May 25th i cheated on my husband with an ex. he did not ejaculate in me whatsoever. that was the first and only time i cheated. that night i had intercourse with my husband as well as the following nights every night. on the 29th i had an appointment in the afternoon and was told i was ovulating for me to have intercourse with my husband that night to conceive. we did as well as the whole following week. i found out in pregnant in now 9 weeks pregnant. the doctor said it was my husbands but the guilt has me wondering please help. is there a chance my husband may not be the father of my child? i don't want the other man in my life.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 31 minutes later
Although your ex has not ejaculated in your vagina but there may be a chance of getting pregnant by your ex. What happens, before ejaculation fluid from penis may also contain sperms and there may be chances of pregnancy.
So there may be chances that your husband may not be father of your child.
You should go for DNA analysis of umbilical cord for paternity test.
DNA analysis is the only test for confirmation.
I think this will solve your query.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: What is the chance of getting pregnant from the intercourse during ovulation day? 16 minutes later
but with the information provided isn't it impossible to get pregnant if i didn't ovulate within the 4 days after sex. and even though had sex with my husband every night after that. with the days of conception. can't you suggest that the possiblities of it being my husbands are greater than my ex?

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 26 minutes later
After reading your query and your ovulation date was 29th, there is high chances of getting pregnancy with your husband than your ex.
As on 25th ovulation was not occurred, so pregnancy with your ex is less possible.
I think this will solve your query.
Sincerely,
Dr. Mayank

Follow-up: What is the chance of getting pregnant from the intercourse during ovulation day? 25 minutes later
i want my husband to be the father im just stressing over this. on the 29th the doctor by sonogram said i was ovulating. if it were my ex baby wouldn't i have been pregnant already and by sonogram that day the doctor been able to see?

You get ovulation on 29th, you have done sex with your ex on 25 so when your sonogram was done on 29th for ovulation, there was no chance of fetus in your womb as ovulation was occurring on 29th.
So considering all your situations, there is high chance of baby from your husband.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: What is the chance of getting pregnant from the intercourse during ovulation day? 45 hours later
can i ease my mind then and stop stressing and think my husband is the father of my child? what could a percentage be that my husband is the father?

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 12 minutes later
Yes you may remain tension free but as such there is no clear cut percentage for surety. As sperm may remain in female genitals for 4-6 days and in millions.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava