What is the cause of mild pain under the armpit?

Hi i'm 23, 6'3 weigh 260lbs. I have been experiencing on and off mild pain under my armpit, mostly on the right one, but sometimes on the left.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

The most common cause of pain under armpit is due to injury to the area or swollen lymph nodes due to any viral or bacterial infection. Do you remember any injury or could feel few lumps under the arm pit? Some other causes are cyst formation, skin rash, shaving too close or rarely cancerous tumours.

Most swollen lymph nodes if inflammed and infected subside in a week or so.
1)Apply ice pack 3 to 4 times in a day.
2)You can take pain killers as Ibuprofen,Advil and observe if the pain subsides.
3)Avoid smoking and alcohol as it may worsen the symptoms.
4)Have healthy nutritious diet.

Examine yourself if there is any lump for its size,shape and consistency.If the
pain worsens or there is any lump which is hard and increases in size and growth consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Follow-up: What is the cause of mild pain under the armpit? 7 hours later
Thank you for your response. Let be more specific:
I have checked several times on both armpits for any swelling but never find any. And I have also had a doctor check it out, no swelling or lump.The pain is usually when I touch or press the area, mild pain. Last time i felt like there were tiny granules, which I assume are my lymph nodes, but cannot see them.
The pain isn't constant, it varies usually no pain throughout the day and it starts becoming sensitive in the afternoon.
I have no fever when it happens.
The pain comes and goes, stays for a few days and stops for a week or 2 and starts again.
It is mostly on the right armpit but sometimes goes on the left side.
I have been using probiotics and multivitamins everyday for the last 2 months.
I did not have any injury.
Drinking aspirin helps sometimes
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 3 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

It is good that there is no swelling,fever or any other symptom.If the pain increases or there is development of any growth then you need to be concerned.Aspirin is a pain killer so helps in pain relief.
Kindly try the ice pack and if that does not help you can alternate with hot pack also and observe for any changes.

You can stop taking the probiotics and multivitamins for sometime and look for any difference..As per my suggestion you can wait for few weeks but if it is too bothersome consider getting a USG scan to rule out any abnormality.

Wishing you Good Health!