What is the cause of fatigue, chills, loss of apetite and darker urine with sweet odour ?

I need to find out which doctor I need to XXXXXXX med guy or the gyno. 49 year old active female. generally healthy. Lower left pelvic and flank pain for two weeks. Varies from dull to severe with sudden onset. Chills, fatigue, loss of appetite.Stomach pressure and bloating after eating.Loose and XXXXXXX bowel movements. Darker urine with potent "sweet smell". No pregnancies. Have Essure inserts in tubes. Also have localized rash on left pelvic area.

Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 2 hours later

From the history described most of your symptoms appear to be due to gastrointestinal disorder. Some possibilities might include enteritis, Diverticulitis, or a pancreatitis.

Presence of a rash in the pelvic area indicates the possibility of a intraabdominal infection or sepsis.

The first step would be to get your baseline investigations done like Haemogram, blood sugar, urea, creatinine, liver function tests, alkaline phosphatase etc.

In addition a stool examination, abdominal ultrasound or CT scan might be important for diagnosis.

You might consult your XXXXXXX medicine doctor, who can order the tests for you and initiate the necessary treatment, which may include antibiotics and supportive medications.

In the mean time, use of pepto-bismol and Prilosec might help to reduce your abdominal discomfort.

I hope this answers your question.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.