What is the cause for swollen and sore lymph node after a crossfit workout?

I did a strenuous crossfit workout and I did not notice straining anything. The next day my left lymph node felt swollen( I am not sick) and sore and when I turned my head a certain way or layed on my left side and swallowed a popping noise sometimes happens that feels like a muscle or tendon is in the way and be pushed to the side. I also feel a sore XXXXXXX when turning head a certain way. I am still having this 1 week later though there is a little less soreness.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Muscle spasms Simple management Detailed Answer: hello Miss XXXX! Thank you for asking and i want you to know that the kind of injury you have is because of the work out and strenuous activity you are on and it looks like a muscle spasm or strain. As one week has passed by it and there is a little relief with still some trouble, i believe you need to give your neck absolute rest, use low lying pillows for sleep and some good skeletal muscle relaxant like tizanidine. Other options that may help are massage therapy, acetaminophen, some topical NSAID creams and palm oils Massages and maybe good specialist hands of a physiotherapist. To be on the safer side, a Radiograph of the neck both frontal and lateral views with a sports medicine specialist to rule out any trauma. But odds of that are less/ negligible but still better to be out of woods and last but not the least avoidance of strenuous work-outs to stay out of trouble. Stay healthy and Keep taking very good care of yourself. Hope I was of some help. If you want to ask any more question, Please feel free to. I would Love to answer them. Other wise I request you to kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. May the odds be ever in your favor. Regards S Khan