What is the cause for stabbing pain in my abdomen below my navel?
User rating for this question
I have a stabbing pain in my abdomen about 5 inches below my navel . It started last night and is really bad now. When I touch the area it shoots even worse. Trying to go to the bathroom is agony.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Guru 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be due to stone in the urinary tract system Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Symptoms you have mentioned may be due to stone in the urinary tract system. A stone or calculus may be lodged any where in the urinary tract system(ureter, bladder or bladder outlet, kidney) and depending on location the location of pain varies. However, it may not be stone and just inflammation of bladder due to infection. Investigations like urine examination and ultrasound of abdomen/pelvis are needed as soon as possible. Please visit your doctor as early as possible. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
People also viewed
- Acyclovir 400 mg and pregnancy
- Risks of pregnancy at 43
- Sodium bisulfite 38% solution msds
- Calves having painful cramps sore what cane done
- Night sweats women under 40
- Lower stomach pain had follicules had fostimon chlomifene help
- Gabapentin 300mg capsules yellow cap
- What causes stabbing pain in vaagina
- What could cause stabbing pain in abdomen after sneezing
- Right lower abdomen painful burning what can be done
- No appetite fever pain around belly button abdominal pain
- Stabbing pain below collarbone
- What causes sharp stabbing pain just below ball of ankle
- Pregnant pressure in lower abdomen pain is this normal
- What could cause stabbing pain on abdomen and shoulder