What is the cause for stabbing pain in my abdomen below my navel?
User rating for this question
I have a stabbing pain in my abdomen about 5 inches below my navel . It started last night and is really bad now. When I touch the area it shoots even worse. Trying to go to the bathroom is agony.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Guru 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be due to stone in the urinary tract system Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Symptoms you have mentioned may be due to stone in the urinary tract system. A stone or calculus may be lodged any where in the urinary tract system(ureter, bladder or bladder outlet, kidney) and depending on location the location of pain varies. However, it may not be stone and just inflammation of bladder due to infection. Investigations like urine examination and ultrasound of abdomen/pelvis are needed as soon as possible. Please visit your doctor as early as possible. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for focal osteomyelitis
- Is abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of rowasa?
- Is abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of precose?
- Treatment and cure for arsenic poisoning
- What causes stabbing pain in vaagina
- Is stomach pain, continuing a side effect of revlimid?
- What could cause stabbing pain in abdomen after sneezing
- Is continuing stomach pain a side effect of dexilant?
- Stabbing pain below collarbone
- Treatment and cure for oropharyngeal infection
- What causes sharp stabbing pain just below ball of ankle
- Treatment and cure for tongue irritation
- Is severe stomach pain a side effect of ultrase mt 20?
- Treatment and cure for pneumococcal chest infections
- What could cause stabbing pain on abdomen and shoulder