What is the cause for small module on lungs?
User rating for this question
During a pre op physical, xray showed a very small module on one of my lungs. I'm scared to death. No history of lung problems. I'm a 68 year old male with no family history of lung problems. Can you shed some light. My shoulder replacement is tomorrow. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are many causes of such nodules. Detailed Answer: Hello, There are many causes of such nodules and completely evaluation is needed to determine the cause. Though most feared causes is cancer, not all such nodules are cancerous.In fact commonest cause of such incidentally noted nodules is old infection related granulomas. So ideal next step would be to get this investigated with CT scan and if needed with Biopsy and PET scan.Doctor would also get few blood investigations done.Most such nodules need follow up. Hope this answers your query.Regards.
People also viewed
- Chest pain short breath frequent urine
- Keep yoga mat sticky
- Wobble feeling in chest when breathe
- Weird feeling in chest loses breath
- What causes a collapsed lung
- Kidney stone in appendix
- What causes lung scarring
- What is the cause for small module on lungs
- Knee meniscus grinding hip
- Kidney function blood test results explained
- What causes density in the lungs
- What causes inflamed lungs and crytsalized lungs
- Teeth hurt chest hurt and hard breathe
- Hiccups heavy chest hard to breathe
- Kitten with eye infection