What is the cause for small module on lungs?
User rating for this question
During a pre op physical, xray showed a very small module on one of my lungs. I'm scared to death. No history of lung problems. I'm a 68 year old male with no family history of lung problems. Can you shed some light. My shoulder replacement is tomorrow. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are many causes of such nodules. Detailed Answer: Hello, There are many causes of such nodules and completely evaluation is needed to determine the cause. Though most feared causes is cancer, not all such nodules are cancerous.In fact commonest cause of such incidentally noted nodules is old infection related granulomas. So ideal next step would be to get this investigated with CT scan and if needed with Biopsy and PET scan.Doctor would also get few blood investigations done.Most such nodules need follow up. Hope this answers your query.Regards.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for slippers tumor
- Treatment and cure for atmospheric allergy
- Pulmonary exercises causes
- Obstructive pulmonary disease causes
- What is the cause for small module on lungs
- Treatment and cure for stinging pain
- Productive cough causes
- What causes density in the lungs
- What causes inflamed lungs and crytsalized lungs
- Treatment and cure for multiple exostosis
- Lung disease causes
- Bubbling sounds in lungs
- What causes a collapsed lung
- Treatment and cure for external vaginal injury
- What causes lung scarring