What is the cause for severe itching and burning of buttocks?

I am having severe itching of my butt. Not the anus but the skin that I actually sit on. It itches and when I scratch it it burns
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be a fungal infection! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these itches and the burning sensation when you scratch it. There are a couple of things that can be responsible for such itches, They include a fungal infection, scabies, no clear identifiable cause, etc. A good examination would be able to identify the cause and proposed specific treatment options. For now, you can use zyrtec/benadryl/betamethasone, etc to relieve the itches while you plan and make a visit to your doctor to get it examined and treated accordingly. A primary care doctor would be able to help you out with this. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be.Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.