What is the cause for pain in left groin area and pelvic area?

why is my husband having pain in his left groin area and left side of his pelvic area
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 days later
Brief Answer: Ureteric colic probably... Detailed Answer: Hi, It looks your query has been missed out by specialist on this forum. Before I choose to answer your query. I hope your husbands concern is cleared now. Left groin pain has multiple causes. In most cases, ureteric colic and genitourinary issues are the first diagnosis that comes to my mind when some one walks into my clinic with acute left groin and pelvic area pain. Screening tests on urine samples and ultrasound scan would confirm / exclude ureteric colics and genitourinary pathology. Now after a week and more, I hope his complains are resolved. If they are not solved yet, then it is unlikely to improve by waiting further. He needs medical attention. His doctors should explore further as to understand the cause of this pain starting with the basic 2 set of tests (described above). We can discuss further about the right approach as per the current situation. So let me know how your husband is and if he has any other health concern now. Awaiting your response... Regards