What is the cause for occasional pain in my abdomen and severe pain around my rectal area?

I have asked 2 questions previously concerning surgery, a colectomy, I had on 10-17-13. I believe the dates of my questions were 12/4/13 and 12/8/14. I hope you will find my history there. If not, my transaction no. is 6D366983V0000. I had a total colectomy 10 weeks ago, now. I am experiencing occasional pain in my abdomen that seems to affect that area and pain around my rectal area at the same time. It is not severe, but "uncomfortable". Sometimes, it does seem a little more painful especially when it is lower in abdomen and feels like it extends to the rectum. These 'episodes' last about 30 minutes, the other pain first mentioned, less severe, last for hours. I'm not sure that these longer, less severe times of pain are maybe caused by something I have eaten. Could it be a food that is hard to digest and pass through the small intestine? I know I should probably keep a food diary but I still find to hard to eat most anything due to lack of appetite. I have been drinking gatorade and Boost for weeks. I know I should be eating several small meals per day. My surgeon keeps reminding me. I guess I was wondering if there was any specific foods that 1) don't travel as well as others through my small intestine without me feeling this process and, 2) Food or spasms or something else causing the shorter, painful episodes involving the rectal area (these worry me and scare me the most). I realize that I just asked 2 questions~sorry Im not explaining this very well. If you can get through those first 2 questions~my 3rd is: I still have mostly watery stools. Only in the last week I have only a few more formed, mud like stools. Then, back to the watery stools. I take Previlite 3 x a day, and Imodium if I need to leave the house for a while. I have heard that this will be normal for many months. What's a good average of time? I just so badly want to see an end to all this! Sorry my thoughts were not more organized this time, its been 2 months since surgery and I feel I should not have any worries or complaints! and for some reason, I am most uncomfortable (abdominally) this morning. Thank you,XXXX Hi Doctor, The Links are as per below. WWW.WWWW.WW WWW.WWWW.WW Please see and advise. Thanks,
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 41 hours later
Brief Answer: Diet modification Detailed Answer: Apologies for a delayed reply. I was waiting if someone who answered your previous queries would pick up. Later the team assigned this to me as they were unavailable. I read through the previous two queries and current problem that you have. I am glad that you got adjusted to the colectomy soon. I understand that pain is always uncomfortable whether tolerable or intolerable. The pain that you have in the abdominal area and passing into the rectum may not be due to the surgery. This seems to be new pain. This may be arising because of physiological and anatomical adjustments of small bowel to a different function that what it was doing earlier like absorbing water and holding large stool. Have you brought in any changes in the diet as specified by your treating doctor? A simple rule is to consume food which is already processed by machines. That means easily digestible food like pasta, white bread, sauce, cheese, yogurt. You had a sign of formed and muddy stools last week. This means that your gut is still adapting and is in the process of forming stool. Previlite and Immodium are good to take to avoid embarassments in the public. You may continue that.