What is the cause for itchy underarms?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2014
May 2014
Excellent

Radiologist
Question
underarms itchy an feels warmth What do you think it coulds be and maybe my groins too or am i making myself nuts
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ?Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. From your query it looks like you have developed fungal infection of the skin in armpits and groin areas. This is a common condition that often infects those areas of our skin that are warm and moist and usually responds readily to treatment. Depending on the area concerned, anti fungal cream, powder or spray can be used and are available over the counter from the chemist. Consultation with your doctor will help confirm the diagnosis. Please keep your armpits and genital region clean and dry. Wipe completely after having shower. Wear cotton inner clothes and change them daily. Do not stay in wet clothing. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts Regards, Dr. Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 2 minutes later
oh man this is serious what would happen if i dont take care if it and my toung is like sorts pins and neecles whats this infection called

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in with an update. Please confirm diagnosis with your doctor. Most ringworm infections of the skin, such as jock itch, can be treated at home with antifungal creams and powders you can buy without a prescription. But have your doctor look at any infection that does not go away, is severe, or comes back. If you do not take care, it will spread to larger areas of skin and give you lot of discomfort. Jock itch (tinea cruris) is a form of ringworm. Ringworm is not a worm at all. It is a fungal infection of the outer layers of skin, hair, or nails. Fungi (plural of fungus) are present everywhere in our environment. Ringworm of the skin appears as a rash with patches that may be red or peeling or that have bumps on the edges that look like blisters. The skin often is itchy, and the rash can spread quickly. You can have both jock itch and athlete's foot (tinea pedis) at the same time. Tingling (pins and needles) of the tongue can feel mild and result from something as simple as poor dental hygiene and bacterial overgrowth. Tingling can also be a symptom of more serious permanent nerve damage or underlying disease. Therefore, it is important to identify the cause of any unexplained or unusual tingling. Seek immediate medical care if you experience serious symptoms, such as the sudden onset of tingling tongue along with unexplained tingling, weakness or numbness on just one side of your body; sudden severe headache; sudden loss of vision or vision changes; changes in speech, such as garbled or slurred speech; or the onset of tingling following a head, neck or back injury. I hope our query is answered. Do write back in case of doubts. Regards, Dr. Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 24 hours later
If the glands are NOT swallon but they hurt whjats that mean? Diease

Brief Answer: It is a sign of infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX Thanks for writing in with an update. When any infection enters the body, the lymph nodes act in defense and start fighting the disease process. If they are painful it means that there must be some regional infection. Such lymph nodes may or may not get swollen depending on host immunity. In most cases lymphnode pain starts subsiding after starting treatment of infection I hope your query is answered. Do write back in case of doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 4 minutes later
Should I worry about this what type of infection

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back. Infections are commonly bacterial or viral. Bacterial infections usually present with sudden painful lymphnodes which involve location closest to region of infection, often accompanied with fever. It comes down on medications. Viral infections in the other hand are self limited and subside on recovery from infection. This is commonly seen in flu. Any infection must be diagnosed on time to decrease associated discomfort. If not controlled, some infections can spread to other regions and get troublesome. Bacterial infections are often controlled with a course of antibiotics. Hope I have answered your query. Do write back in case of doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

this can ruin my life Is this the symptons of the deadlist diease every starts with H? and theres no cure for. Magic XXXXXXX has it

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Please do not worry much Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back with an update. The symptoms above are not entirely linked to the deadly disease that you have in mind. Confirmation of diagnosis is always done scientifically through various tests that are available commercially. Even a simple infection can cause the above symptoms. However, please discuss your medical history in detail with your doctor so that any specific testing may be recommended for you. I hope your query is answered. Do write back in case of doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 2 days later
basec what i said to you its not hiv you dont think

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back with an update. Though your symptoms do not look like HIV, no one can be sure about the disease if there has been a history exposure to the virus, unless tests done after 3 to 6 months are negative. Many people who are HIV-positive do not have symptoms of HIV infection. Often people only begin to feel sick when they progress toward AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome). Sometimes people living with HIV go through periods of being sick and then feel fine. Early Stages of HIV: Signs and Symptoms As early as 2-4 weeks after exposure to HIV (but up to 3 months later), people can have one or many symptoms which point towards a suspicion of HIV. Symptoms may include one or more of the following: Fever Cough Sore throat Fatigue Swollen lymph nodes Ulcers in the mouth Necessary tests like ELISA need to be done to rule out the infection. I hope your query is answered. Do write back in case of doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 17 hours later
you read the finger question you dont think its that diease?

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Question not found Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back with an update. I tried searching for your finger question but am sorry to say that I cannot find it. It will be appreciated if you can write the question to me in your query and will be glad to reply to it. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 22 hours later
I just thought of Something is it true that if the WBC white blood Count is high does that possibly be that Diease Magic XXXXXXX has HIV oh the Number have to be lowered right whats the Normal umber of WBC explain a dry cough please im going insane I did a sexual encounter on a guy friend about 20 years or more I asked him numerous times Are you healthy he replied yes i believe this happened when i was like over the age of 10 now im 33 and a half what do you think thanks my underarms are like hot and i see rashes thats cause i been i think scratching them any concern for alarm ive been cleaning them in the shower weith soap

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back. The normal white blood cell count ranges from 4,000 to 11,000 per cubic millimeter in an average healthy adult. High WBC can indicate that the body is fighting infection. Low WBC count means that the body is susceptible to infection. Both can be seen in HIV positive individuals. Some people even lead completely normal lives. There are a type of white blood cells named CD4 which if decreased, show decreased host immunity. Your dry cough needs to be investigated by clinical examination and a chest X ray. In most cases I t may be a viral infection, but clinical evaluation becomes necessary if you are having fever and weight loss with it and the cough is there for more than one month. The sexual encounter you had 20 years ago with your friend looks insignificant as far HIV is concerned. If both of you are doing good, the likelihood of being HIV infected is least. Any rashes in underarms must not be scratched. You can apply calamine lotion and consult a doctor for further diagnosis and treatment. Scratching will further spread infection and cause you discomfort. It is good you are cleaning your underarms regularly with soap but if there is some skin condition requiring medications, it will not disappear by washing with soap. Keep your underarms and groin area dry. I hope your query is answered. Do write back in case of doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 3 hours later
So hiv is i shouldnt worry anout like 20 years ago

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Do not worry Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back with an update. Pleas do not worry for something that happened 20 years ago. I am sure both, you and your friend were not infected by HIV. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 9 hours later
hi this is not a health question I was interacting with a young lady at work and i have this inkling this new coworker likes me interested in me and the two women sat together and i asked this woman i was interacting with Do you have facebook? and she does I said can i add you she said sure and the lady that i said i have an inkling interested in me i never asked her. Can i still ask her? What do you think of this situation does that make me look bad thanks I cat believe i did this. ): but she works at the bartender in the hotel. this al happen in fro=nt of her face So if my blood test is normal nov worries for infections My underarms are the same way What should i do any thing to be concerened thasnks had it a fewe weeks now ive been using axe body spray ive been useing that a ling pewriod of time youy think it could be an reacation

Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in with an update. The answer of your non health question would be to have mutual interest in each other and proceed with your new contact keeping in mind both your common interests. If your blood test is negative then you should not worry. You may get your underarms seen by a dermatologist to confirm if it is an allergy or skin infection which needs treatment. If you have used Axe spray earlier and never had such skin changes in past, it is unlikely that you have had an allergic reaction to your Axe body spray. Hope your queries are answered. Do write back in case you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 5 hours later
ok if its not an recation what do you think it is

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible skin infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in with an update. If not a reaction, I think it is more of a fungal skin infection. Such infection can occur if you do not dry yourself completely after bath, sweat a lot, live in moist surroundings or wear wet clothes regularly. The diagnosis however must be confirmed by a dermatologist. Hope your queries are answered. Do write back in case you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 9 minutes later
you got it I work outside at the pool side recreation its outside in a hotel for eight years

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult dermatologist Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back with an update. I think you can get in touch with a dermatologist and take necessary treatment. It is completely curable if its a fungal infection. Hope your queries are answered. Do write back in case you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 9 days later
yes Everytime I see a woman an attractive woman I think of fanstasies of having sex with her and I take a photo of my zuipper to mame sure I haven't done anythin' few days ago I was at a bar and she looked attracctive but she was talking to another male seems to me they were dating for a while when i got home I dont know if my zipper was up or not i usually take a photo but I forgot to please help me on this problem what should i do? Should I go be tested or not Im leaning trowards I did not do anytning and my zipper was up. Any feedback on thisd delicate situation

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in again. I read through your query and find that you are asking if there is any risk of getting a ?sexual disease by close contact with a female or anything else? If she was dating someone else then I am unable to see any mention of close contact with her. What is confusing me is your behaviour of taking pictures of your zipper while seeing beautiful females and fantasising about having sex with them. Can you please explain that in a bit more detail as I'm unable to understand the situation in your context of having the zipper pulled up. Ifits only something in your mind then consultation with a psychiatrist might be the best thing to do. Waiting for your updates. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 1 hour later
I think im gonna do that its an obession Are you familiar with Hatti if you are what are these wood things that people are chewing on its like a wood stick its brown thank you

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in with an update. If you feel that you are having an obsession and it's affecting your daily activities, then you may consult a psychiatrist. I'm sorry that I do not have any information on Hatti as asked by you. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 7 hours later
Any of your collegeues from hatti if so please ask them for me thanks about the wood if my clothes are on and someone did a sexual act from behind would that individual get A Dieases?

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Less likely to cause disease if clothes are on Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in with an update. I read about the chewing stick in Haiti. It is a small brown twig like thing which people chew to clean their teeth. Its less likely that a disease can be contracted if anyone does a sexual act from behind with a stick and if your clothes are on. Still you must be careful that it did not cause you any injury as a stick can cause physical injury. Hope your queries are answered. Do write back in case you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 11 hours later
what do you mean physical injury from the stick the stick is seperate i mean if someone did an act with his penis but the clothes are on worry?

Brief Answer: Unlikely to cause infection if clothes are on Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in with an update. By physical injury in mean any penetrative injury to the anal region due to a sharp stick. If someone did an act with his penis but the clothes on then there is almost no need to worry about any infection being transmitted from penis to you. Hope your queries are answered. Do write back in case you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek

Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 4 days later
hi I was leaving work and had a small cut on top of my knucle and i was on the phone and did a fist to fist with another individual now its seems scabbed up but not sure what should i do? i dont know if it was touched during the fist autocation what should i do
Follow-up: What is the cause for itchy underarms? 42 hours later
Can you please answer my Concern