What is the cause for having nodules from lumbar to sacrum?

For the past couple if months i have been having really bad low back pain. Today i have a total of 7 nodules from my lumbar to sacrum. Within the past 2 weeks my tailbone killing me. No prior injury. What are these nodules??? I have had x rays. Everything looks normal along with my blood work. Just had a MRI on Tuesday for low lumbar pain w/o contrast. I'm worried i have cancer.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please some more data in! Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to have 7 nodules from your lumbar to your sacrum. If they are visible, could you please send to me a photo of them to assist you further? I'd really appreciate that! There are many causes of these nodules. If the x-ray and your blood work looked normal; then, you should not worry about cancer. Could you please send in the result of MRI? Some of the causes to the nodules you noticed include: - lipoma (benign tumors of the fatty tissue) - deformation of the tail bones due to arthritis - sciatica I'd advise to: - wait for the results of MRI if you did not have it yet (if yes, could you send it to me?) - if arthritis, get treated properly - take pain-killers (by injection and orally) - I usually prescribe myo-relaxants too - do massaging/physiotherapy to lessen pain - if it is lipoma, should talk to surgeon if can get it surgically removed Looking forward to have the requested data in! Thank you! Dr.Alba