What is the cause for back pain and lower stomach pain?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
HI there, Wondered if i can pick your brains about some symptoms that im experiencing which are worrying to say the least. I have had full blood test to rule out infections, checked kidney, liver function etc, you name it ive had it. Back in XXXXXXX i started to feel very weak and drained of energy similar to the feeling you get when you are ill. I was getting unusual pains in my legs like i had been to the gym and this would come and go, i was also getting intermittent frequent urination. Ive had an ultra sound to check for kidney stones and none could be seen. At the moment the pains in my legs are almost not there but for the last few weeks i have had a new set of symptoms that im concerned about. Ive been getting a pain in my back, about central, when i inhale deeply i can feel the pain more. I have also noticed when i put my hands on my hips and arch backwards that the lower part of my back is painful too. Ive also been experiencing pain in the lower part of my left and right back which i thought were my kidneys but tests say otherwise, its hard to describe the pain its like someone is pulling my skin almost a tearing pain. In addition to the above ive been getting this weird hard to describe pain almost airy and numb/stinging kind of pain. It started in the front lower right part of my stomach in between my groin and stomach, i thought it may have been my appendix but it came and went within 24hrs the pain then re appeared on my left side did the same thing went after 24hrs or so, its now back again in my right side and pain shoots down my leg now and then, as i say its really hard to say what type of pain it is. I really would like to get to the bottom of this as its really getting me down. Your views welcome. Regards
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Neurologist opinion and MRI- thoraco-lumar region Detailed Answer: Hi. Gone through your nicely put symptoms and findings. It says, you have been gone through this for almost 8 months. All the reports are normal and now you have started getting the pains in back, abdomen and radiation to the leg. All of these leads me to think of a problem in the spinal cord at thoraco-lumbar region. An MRI of this region will surely help you to get one of the most probable diagnoses. The clinical examination by a Neurologist will aid to come to a conclusion. I hope this answer will help to get a proper diagnosis and we would like to know from you further progress after your visit to a Neurologist and MRI report.