What is the cause and treatment of rotoscolosis?
User rating for this question
I am having trouble finding much info about rotoscolosis... I am an OT and the pain was spiraling me into decreased activity and inc pain... My SI joints swell up x 7 yrs but unrelenting on Lt side x 2yrs now.. disc at L4-L5 likely pinching a nerve but I just had xrays, no MRI yet. I am up to 160lbs at 5'5, I started crossfit to inc core strength and get back in shape... I feel strongly that inc sore strength can manage pain, but I am worried.. if it is already "out of wack" do I risk worsening it?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Do MRI spine and CT scan spine. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. I will advise you to do MRI spine and CT scan spine to know deformity of rotoscoliosis. You can take support of brace if your doctor suggest. If you are having respiratory difficulty or you need for cosmetic correction then you can go for scoliosis correction. If there is any neurological involvement then you may need surgical correction. For symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. You can consult neurologist and spine and physiotherapist for help Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. Continue your exercises.You can consult physiotherapist for help. For symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- How to increase active sperm count
- What is the cause and treatment for tinnitus
- What is the cause and treatment for herpes
- What is the cause and treatment of rotoscolosis
- Cracking sound when turning head dizzy
- Memory loss and neck cracking
- What is the cause and treatment of petechiae
- What is the cause and treatment for vomiting
- Experiencing discomfort and pain in chest is this serious
- Dry numb cracked fingertips
- Cracked lips and meningitis
- Noticed blood spots from urethra what am i suffering from
- Meningitis and cracking neck
- Effective treatment for anxiety panic disorder and mild depression
- Why am i feeling contractions in the lower abdomen