What is the cause and treatment of rotoscolosis?
User rating for this question
I am having trouble finding much info about rotoscolosis... I am an OT and the pain was spiraling me into decreased activity and inc pain... My SI joints swell up x 7 yrs but unrelenting on Lt side x 2yrs now.. disc at L4-L5 likely pinching a nerve but I just had xrays, no MRI yet. I am up to 160lbs at 5'5, I started crossfit to inc core strength and get back in shape... I feel strongly that inc sore strength can manage pain, but I am worried.. if it is already "out of wack" do I risk worsening it?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Do MRI spine and CT scan spine. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. I will advise you to do MRI spine and CT scan spine to know deformity of rotoscoliosis. You can take support of brace if your doctor suggest. If you are having respiratory difficulty or you need for cosmetic correction then you can go for scoliosis correction. If there is any neurological involvement then you may need surgical correction. For symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. You can consult neurologist and spine and physiotherapist for help Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. Continue your exercises.You can consult physiotherapist for help. For symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Difference between hydrocephalus and megalencephalic leukodystrophy with subcortical cysts
- Rash on wrist and ankles
- Random itching all over body no rash
- What is the cause and treatment for tinnitus
- What is the cause and treatment for herpes
- What is the cause and treatment of rotoscolosis
- Rash on chest from sun exposure
- What is the cause and treatment of petechiae
- Rapidly swelling lymph node
- Rapid heart rate salty foods
- Swelling on spine between shoulder blades with many sharp pains
- What is the cause and treatment for vomiting
- What is the differents between ivdp and protrusion of disc
- Difference between papillitis and optic neuritis
- Connection between elephantiasis and meningitis