What is the cause and cure for sore throat, cough and cold, body pain and headache?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Aug 2013
Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
Question
Soar throat, cough and cold 100 degree farenit , body pain, headache.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: seems like a flu Detailed Answer: hello XXXXX and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon and I would like to help you with your problems. It seems very likely that you are suffering from a common cold and since this is the season I am sure that you will get better in a couple of days. You may want to do these: 1. Take steam inhalation with menthol or similar vapouriser at least two to three times in a day for a week or so. 2. Avoid head bath for two to three days 3. Take plenty of warm fluids and also keep yourself warm 4.Do salt water gargling at least two to three times in a day 5. If you have sneezing and nose discharge you may start an antihistamine like levocetrizine. Your doctor will know about this. 6. You can take acetaminophen in consultation with your doctor for your body pain and fever. Just remember to take all medications under supervision and after meal. You should get better in a couple of days. If you do not get better then you must meet an ENT surgeon who may take further decision regarding your medications such as institution of antibiotics etc or maybe ask for a throat swab. Just do not strain your voice and take some rest for the infection to recover as it is the norm. Hope your doubts are clear and I will be more than happy to clear any more doubts that you may have get well soon regards Dr Sriram Nathan

Follow-up: What is the cause and cure for sore throat, cough and cold, body pain and headache? 4 minutes later
Thankyu doctor

Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 1 minute later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: Hello again, You are welcome and hope you get better regards Dr Sriram Nathan