Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the best treatment option peyronies disease?

I'm pretty certain that I have peyronies disease. I've got a plaque on the right side that has been present for just over a year. It causes a curve to the right. I've recently been having pain on the top side. I think I feel a plaque but I'm not sure. There doesn't appear to be any curvature upward yet. I'm only experiencing pain when its in a flacid state. There is no pain associated with an erection. I've been to a urologist who didn't offer much help he just said to watch it. The curvature isn't terrible but I'm tired of it and this recent pain has prompted me to ask what I can do to fully correct this situation. My question for you is what is the best treatment option? Do I need to go back to the urologist who offered no help to receive treatment? Thank you and I look forward to an answer
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Guru 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! A slight curvature to the right is common in many individuals and need not have to be Peyronie' s disease always. However, it needs to be physically examined carefully to rule out or confirm. But, if there is "hard" plaque in the shaft of penis and if there is significant curvature on erection, it should be strongly considered for treatment. Regarding your pain during flaccid state, I think your Urologist is correct and we should wait and see. There are some non significant things like minor trauma, dehydration which can also cause such pain. Anyhow, for this kind of pain urinary tract infections should also be ruled out. I personally feel that it is good to follow up with the same Urologist. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!