What is the best treatment for large hiatal hernia with erosions?

i have a large hiatal hernia with erosions and a farirtinalevel of 4 and abc at 9 along with a leioynomia. my gastroentalogist suggest waiting. for any surgery and I have bee taking iron and proton inhibitors for 3 months with little response to medication. what is the best treatment.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Folllowup Detailed Answer: hello and thanks for sending the question. From the information you have shared it looks like you have significant iron deficiency anemia. The reason why you have developed this is because you have some bleeding going on in your gastrointestinal tract. if you continue to have anemia and iron deficiency despite using iron supplementation it may be necessary to proceed with surgery. As with any type of surgery this should be considered very carefully. Your primary care doctor and gastroenterologist should discuss this with the surgeon to review the indications for surgical intervention. Again it seems like you may be a situation where surgery is a possible consideration. I would encourage you to continue to follow up with your doctors and obtain close laboratory follow-up to determine what the course of your hemoglobin becomes and if you are able to restore your bodies need for iron. Thanks again for sending your question. Dr G