What is the best treatment for hemorrhoids and is it safe to treat with betnovate cream?

Cardiologist
Question
I have 2 haemorrhoids about 1cm each in diameter.Can I XXXXXXX these with a scalpel as my doctor has previously done? Is it safe to treat with betnovate cream?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 19 minutes later
Hi i read your query very carefully and would like to say that surgery is the best treatment for hemorrhoids. However before surgery you can try betnovate cream.

Follow-up: What is the best treatment for hemorrhoids and is it safe to treat with betnovate cream? 40 minutes later
What do you mean by surgery because lancing the haemorrhoid is a very easy procedure that I can do at home , what are the risks?

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi again. I would like to say that surgery is the best treatment for complicated hemorrhoids, especially in cases with rectal bleeding or hhemorrhoids thrombosis. Otherwise conservative treatment with creams and anti constipation pills is the best alternative. Hope I answered to your question.