What is the best time to have intercourse to get wife pregnant? Will masturbation affect sperm count?

Question
hi,
I been recently married, So just i wanna know what is the best time to intercourse to get my wife pregnant, We have done intercourse 3 to 4 times, Now we want to concieve so when to do intercourse & at how many interwals.
& One more question i was mastrubating from the age of 14 everyday & after 18 i was doing twice a week, so will it affect my Sperm Count. Right now i am taking health food & have no habits of smoking but drinking once a week 90 ml Whisky. So juat wanna know will it affect my male fertailty, Pls suggest
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 21 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You must do the intercourse during the fertile window of your wife.
The fertile window is made up of the days in your menstrual cycle when pregnancy is possible. The length of this fertile phase is determined by the maximum life span of your  sperm and your partner's egg. Sperm can survive a maximum of five days in fertile cervical fluid and ovum can survive for up to one day. So the theoretical fertile window is thus six days long, comprised of the five days before ovulation and the day of ovulation. You only have a chance to conceive when you have intercourse on these days. This means that pregnancy is technically possible from intercourse on any of these six days. The likelihood of actually becoming pregnant, however, is dramatically increased when you have intercourse in the three days immediately leading up to and including ovulation. This makes a practical fertile window of just three days.
There has been some speculation that couples who are trying to conceive should reduce the frequency of sexual intercourse during the fertile window to increase sperm supply. This is not true.
Your probability of conception is increased when you have intercourse multiple times in your fertile window. While it is true that sperm concentrations decrease slightly with increasing intercourse frequency, frequent intercourse is still more likely to result in conception than infrequent intercourse. Each additional act of intercourse within your fertile window increases your probability of conception for that cycle.
Masturbating occasionally and drinking occasionally will not cause any problem in your fertility.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks