What is the best test for HIV after 7 weeks of exposure?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I had an oral sex, and i was wondering what is the best test for HIV to do in 7 weeks from exposure, and would it be a conclusion for me because I had low risk ?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
low risk in oral sex.Antigentests conclusive now

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

As you rightly pointed out, oral sex carries a low risk for HIV.

HIV tests that detect presence of HIV antigens are more conclusive after 3-4 weeks on wards. Antibody tests (Rapid. ELISA, Western blot) may become conclusive only after 12 weeks.

In brief P24 Antigen test, HIV DNA PCR Test, COMBO/DUO tests are able to detect HIV antigen and conclusive by this period of 7 weeks. You can choose one from the list depending on the availability.

Hope this helps.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: What is the best test for HIV after 7 weeks of exposure? 12 hours later
thank you so much doctor.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
If you have any more questions you feel free to ask.
Dr S.Murugan