What is the best method for treating bedsores?

What is the best method of treating bedsores? I have tried many things.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Regular position change, wound care, good diet! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this battle with bedsores. Given his limited mobility, it is going to be a very difficult task. The main management of bedsores is to prevent them from occurring. This is mainly by changing the sleeping position every 2hours, keeping the bed dry, not moist and using specialised mattresses for this. You can ask in the mattress store or the hospital for this. If the ulcers occur, wound management is started.This consist in daily dressing with antiseptic solution under aseptic conditions. Antibiotics may be needed to help treat the wounds depending on the nature of the ulcer. High protein diets is also encouraged to accelerate the wound healing process. Despite your best efforts, it is inevitable in the long run in someone with limited mobility.This actually paves the way for a gradual deterioration of clinical conditions and complications. I understand how challenging this is. I wish you well in your efforts. Do not be too hard on yourself with these bed sore because at ties they are simply inevitable. eel free to ask for more information if need be.Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What is the best method for treating bedsores? 11 hours later
Thank you. Would you recommend using a hydrogen peroxide spray on tail bone occasionally or any other bed sore?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hydrogen peroxide is used for heavily infected wounds. If a wound is not heavily infected, then you do not need it. If it were, then you would need to get this managed a trained personnel and not you. I understand how heavy this is on you. I pray you find the strength and resources it requires to address this fully. Dr. Ditah, MD.