What is the best diet that helps to gain weight?

May 2013
Hi doctor, my name is XXXXXXX and I'm 23 years old. My question is about gaining weight I eat a lot however, I am unable to gain weight. I have joined gym to gain weight but still the muscles does not increase in size as well as the weight. Could you please suggest me a diet plan where I can gain weight.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: three meals and two snacks with denser foods Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX The ideal weight for the height is, height in cms - 100. If you think you are underweight according to this, you can increase your weight. The weight should be increased gradually. Plan1 to 2 kgs of weight gain in a month. For this you have to increase 250 to 500 calories intake per day. You should devide your diet into three main meals and two snacks. Concentrate on denser foods. Like : Proteins containing foods like chicken, fish, boiled soy beans, peanuts, boiled eggs etc. Supplements like protenex powder etc can help. Adding more unrefined healthy oils like olive, coconut, palm oil etc. Adding butter, toast etc to diet. Carbohydrates in the form of whole bread with jam, honey, butter etc. Fruits like banana, apples, pears, dry fruits etc. Vegetables like potatoes, carrots, corns, peas etc. Protein shakes, juices, whole milk etc. Foods to be avoided are packed snaks, processed meat, diet sodas etc. Exercises, mainly weight lifting exercises should be done. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.