What is small phlebolith seen on Xray KUB?

Dear Doctor,
Please guide what is Small Phleboliths are seen XXXXXXX in pelvic under Xray of KUB.
Posted Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare magic!
I think it would be a guess work only to say a phlebolith on Xray KUB, infact it it a possibility but not surity.
Phlebolith means stones in veins.
Any calcified shadows on KUB xray can be a KUB stone, a fecolith, a calcified parasite in the veins, an artifact, metastatic calcifications, rarely a calcified malignancy.
And xray KUB is very poorly sensive investigation to differentiate them.
I ould suggest a physical examination by a physician, Complete blood counts, CRP, ESR, levels of calcium and Phosphates, Ultrasound of abdomen, Xray of abdomen Anteroposterior and Lateral views.
Please put a follow up with the reports.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.