What is recommended for torn muscle in neck apart from ibuprofen and voltaren?
User rating for this question
My husband has torn a muscle in his neck. Pain excruciating. Called 000 and talked to a registered nurse. RECOMMENDED ibuprofen, voltaren. Gave him these over-the-counter medications. Can a doctor give home something stronger? He's asleep. Having trouble with moving to go to a doctor. Do you have any recommendations?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Torn muscle if neck may be unpleasant and pain will persist for 5-10 days. Usually this is not intensive pain,and mainly felt during movements. In most cases ibuorofenum and rest is enough but if this is not helpful,he should have neck collar and try with stronger painkillers such as tramadol.also,benzodiazepines are usually helpful as it will relax muscle and have sedative effect. Of course,he should consult his doctor about it and get prescription. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
People also viewed
- What does voltaren treat
- What is voltaren used for
- Constipated while using oxy elite pro
- Is constipation a symptom of transient erythroblastopenia
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck 12 year old
- Can methylprednosolone make you constipated
- Sciatica and anal itch
- Why am i always constipated and fart a lot
- Constipation and foul smelling stools in toddlers
- Voltaren gel with ibuprofen
- Swollen gland in armpit postpartum
- Pain in neck elbow difficulty lifting arm applying voltaren opinion
- What are the side effects of voltaren gel?
- Smoking and pitting edema in legs
- Pulse changes while breathing