What is recommended for torn muscle in neck apart from ibuprofen and voltaren?
User rating for this question
My husband has torn a muscle in his neck. Pain excruciating. Called 000 and talked to a registered nurse. RECOMMENDED ibuprofen, voltaren. Gave him these over-the-counter medications. Can a doctor give home something stronger? He's asleep. Having trouble with moving to go to a doctor. Do you have any recommendations?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Torn muscle if neck may be unpleasant and pain will persist for 5-10 days. Usually this is not intensive pain,and mainly felt during movements. In most cases ibuorofenum and rest is enough but if this is not helpful,he should have neck collar and try with stronger painkillers such as tramadol.also,benzodiazepines are usually helpful as it will relax muscle and have sedative effect. Of course,he should consult his doctor about it and get prescription. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
People also viewed
- Pain on side of head in child
- Hashimoto#39s hypothyroidism t3 abnormal what is the treatment
- What does voltaren treat
- Connective and inflammatry diseaseblood testana test negative is this lupus
- Blood test done variations in the glucose level any recommendations
- Child with racing heart and high temperature
- What are the side effects of voltaren gel?
- Growth on inner thigh of small child
- Had vascular aorta repair diarrhea walks everyday treatment
- Have depression bipolar disorder schizophrenia no similar family history
- What is voltaren used for
- Voltaren gel with ibuprofen
- Pain in neck elbow difficulty lifting arm applying voltaren opinion
- Child unable to hold urine
- What happens if child swallows plastic ring