What is difference between painful and painless hepatitis b vaccination?

Doctor what is difference between painful and painless hepatitis b vaccination
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 19 minutes later

You have asked about painless hepatitis B vaccination. There is no painful or painless hepatitis b vaccine.

Hepatitis B vaccine is a recombinant vaccine and is considered as one of the safest vaccine and has only very few side effects like swelling and redness at injection site which settles after applying ice pack.

Painless vaccine is in relation to DPT vaccine (diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough) and Tetanus). Whole cell DPT associated with pain and fever and acellular DPT which is painless.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have any further question, I would be glad to help.

God bless.