What is "conversion disorder"?

What is "conversion disorder"? This comes under the medical field of psychiatry. My e-mail is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: psychiatric illness Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. Conversion disorder is a psychiatric illness which is one of the medical speciality. In this disorder the patient presents with various neurological manifestations which do not have any biological basis and occur cause of stress. Like weakness in one hand, inability to speak, visual loss etc. Its treated with antidepressants and psychotherapy. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.