What factors trigger panic/ anxiety after waking from a nap?

Why do I wake up from a nap and have anxiety, fast heartbeat etc for about two hours. Usually if it's an afternoon nap andmore than 30 mins. I suffer from panic/anxiety and I trying to figure out why this triggers me.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later

Your symptoms might be a result of a panic attack that you experience after you get up from your sleep. Such attacks are quite common during the day or even while you are sleeping.

Problems with the wake-sleep cycle are common both among anxious people and those undergoing long periods of periods of stress or depression.

Another reason is the feeling of anxiety during the sleep also.This shows up in your dreams and when you get up the extra adrenaline which gets pumped into your blood stream during the dreams shows up as anxiety, palpitations, excessive seating,etc

To correct this problem there are many anti anxiety drugs like Clonazepam ,kindly discuss these options with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.