What does tingling sensation near anus and swelling under scrotum indicate?

Hi, I am concerned I may have contracted genital herpes or another type of STI. I had a body to body massage from a transexual whilst on holidays in Thailand. I received unprotected oral sex and also felt the rubbing of his penis gently against my ass (no penetration). He also inserted a finger into my anus. About 8 days later I came down with a fever, sore throat, etc and now after 17 days I have noticed a slight tingling sensation near my anus. THere are no visible sores or itchiness on my penis, and I cannot see any typical herpes type blisters near my anus or perenium however in the last 24 hours I have noticed there seems to be a swelling under my scrotum of about the size of a large pea. Would herpes form under the scrotum skin like that or would there be noticeable clusters of blisters on the outside of the scrotum? I am very concerned!!!
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not typical for herpes but could be other STD Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Unprotected sex including oral is not a great idea with sex workers in Thailand or anywhere else. I strongly suggest complete STD check now and again in six weeks and three months, that is for syphyllis, clamydia, gonorrhea, hep B, HIV herpes. If all tests are negative please do consider that there are some esoteric considerations like- lymphogranuloma venereum and chancroid. Regards,