What does these liver test reports indicate?

Hi, I am a 30 year old male, with a very sedentary lifestyle. Have recently quit smoking - have been about an year since I have not been smoking. Besides , I drink very occasionally one in few months for a past year or so. I did my liver test just recently - Following are the results : Test Description Observed Reference Values Bilirubin-Total 0.7 0.10 - 1.20 mg/dL Bilirubin-Conjugated, 0.15 Upto 0.3 mg/dL Bilirubin-Unconjugated 0.55 0.1 to 1.0 mg/dL SGOT (AST), 36 15 - 37 IU/Lt SGPT (ALT) 67 Upto 65 U/Lt Alkaline Phosphatase 46 Adult Male : 20 - 130 IU/Lt Protein (total) 8.31 6.4 to 8.2 g/dL Albumin, 4.41 3.2 to 4.5 g/dL Globulin, 3.9 2.3 - 3.5 g/dL Gamma GT(GGTP), 67 Male : 13 to 86 U/Lt Just wanted to know if there's anything to worry about - Look forward to your assistance. Regards, XXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reports are fine Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. I really appreciate your efforts to quit smoking and give yourself a chance for a better life. I am glad your reports are good. Headaches and chest pain can be a symptom of Nicotine withdrawal. So , you it would go with time. Many a times these symptoms are due to Anxiety. Start with exercises , yoga and relaxation therapies. Alternatively in times of severe nicotine cravings you can try Nicotine Chewing gum like Nicotex 2 or 4 mg. I would advise you following : 1. Chest Xray 2. Hemogram 3. Fasting Lipid profile and Blood sugar. Last but not the least , infact most important , don't live a sedentary life style. Exercise regularly for a better health. If you are overweight , reduce weight. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: What does these liver test reports indicate? 51 minutes later
Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate your assistance. Did you manage to look at the attached file I sent along with my query. I recently got my hemogram and fasting lipid profile and blood sugar done. The PDF attached has all of it - Hemogram, Lipid, Blood Suger, Kidney, Liver Unine etc. Kindly review and let me know what your interpretations are. Eagerly waiting to hear from you. Best, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX. I am sorry , in the first query i did not have your attached file. I have reviewed it. Things are acceptable. Only problem is : 1. high LDL 2. High Uric Acid levels. 3. Low Vitamin D3 For high LDL , You don't need any medications , you just require to reduce fat in diet and reduce a little weight. For high uric acid , you should not take Alcohol, beer , and very high protein diet. Low Vitamin D3 is prominent finding in Indians. As such not a problem. You can increase consumption of Dairy products. At this age and these reports , no medications are indicated. Just start exercising regularly. i am sure you will be fit and fine. If you don't have a further query , you may close the discussion and rate it. For your problems related to health , i am always here for you. Stay Healthy.