What does small punctate region of decreased signal with left anterior subcortical white matter mean?

Hello Doctor. My 16 year old dauther's MRI report states: "small punctate region of decreased signal with the left anterior subcortical white matter on the gradient echo sequence XXXXXXX What does this mean? She suffers from Migraines and is currently revcovering from a concussion. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 20 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Please note that the findings in MRI is always interpreted with the clinical data in a given patient. MRI finding per se has no meaning. The changes that you have mentioned may be seen in many conditions and migraine is one of them. This finding also has no definite correlation with concussion.You do not have to worry much for this MRI data .

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me in case you have any concern
Best wishes