What does sharp pain during bowel movements along with bright red blood indicate?

I am expierencing sharp pain when making bowel movements one time there was bright red blood not anymore but still bad pain when use restroom more than once
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Sharp pain during bowel movements along with bright red blood could indicate anal fissure. Take high fiber diet, fiber supplements like metamucil and drink plenty of fluids. You need to do sitz bath ( expose the anal area to warm water in a tub) for 10 minutes, few times a day. Apply topical diltiazem to anal region. I hope that answers your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini