What does "rubella igg 32 and igm negative,cmv igg 62 and igm negative" mean?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
hi iam pregnent by 7 doctor suggested to do torch test.i have got rubella igg 32 and igm negative....cmv igg 62 and igm there any problem to the baby..this is my second pregnency.i had sudden bp in my first pregnency but i had normal delivery ,my son is fine without any health issues..pls tell me regarding the torch results..
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: The tests within normal limits Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Raised levels of Ig M against any infectious agent is suggestive of recent infection. Presence of Ig G levels suggests a remote infection and these antibodies are actually protective. Passage of these antibodies to the baby will be protective for the baby. There is nothing to worry about the TORCH results. A history of high blood pressure in the last pregnancy can cause increase in blood pressure in this pregnancy also. You need to go for regular ante-natal visits for monitoring blood pressure. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal
Follow-up: What does "rubella igg 32 and igm negative,cmv igg 62 and igm negative" mean? 10 hours later
is there any prolem to the baby?do i need to take any tablets ? is this infection affect the kids organs..pls explain? my doctor suggested to take monthly scan for baby and she asked to use ROVARYEN(iam not sure of spelling) for 10 days and after 2 weeks to continue the same talet with folic acid daily....pls suggest doctor........
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Medicines and USG-part of routine antenatal care Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX The TORCH infections cause developmental abnormalities in the baby. These infections when present transmit readily from mother to baby. The extent and type of damage caused depends on the time of infection. Some infections are more harmful during first trimester and some are more harmful during third trimester. However, in your case there is no evidence of active infection. The infection was present in the past but not now. Any infection in body stimulates production of Ig M. This is followed by production of Ig G when infection fades out. The medications that you have been prescribed is for general well being during pregnancy. The regular ultrasound scans are a part of routine ante-natal care. You need not take any other medicines. Medicines during pregnancy should be taken only under prescription as they can damage the fetus. Thanks and take care Dr Shailja P Wahal