What does pain and swelling on hand joints indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am attending yoga classes for about 10 days. During the yoga excercises I noticed pain in hand. Also I noticed that in my hand near the joint there is a swelling. On pressing the swelling that pains. I want to know whether that is a fracture. Should I cotinue yoga classes ?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can hold yoga till there is swelling and pain. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have studied your case with diligence There is less possibility of fracture due to yoga. If you fall down during yoga then there is possibility of fracture. You may need X ray of wrist to rule out any minor fracture. You can consult your doctor for x ray and further treatment. Do ice application, and give rest to wrist. You can apply crepe bandage for support. You can hold yoga till there is swelling and pain. You can start yoga again once symptoms are subsided. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.