What does " low wbc,low neutrophils,high lymphocytes and high monocytes" indiate?
User rating for this question
hello! I have Systemic Lupus, Myasthenia Gravis and Hypogammaglobulinemia, and am currently receiving IVIG infusions every 2 weeks. My latest blood work shows a low wbc (3.3), low neutrophils (36), high lymphocytes (48) and high monocytes (13). Absolute neutrophils are low at 1.2 x 10E3/uL. Can you explain these results to me? Just wondering if this could be Lupus related? Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. Yes, you are right. this blood picture may be due to lupus activity or it may be due to chronic infection, which is very common in lupus. some time it may be due to medication of lupus also Usually, absolute count of all neutrophils, lymphocytes and monocytes decreased in lupus activity Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok
People also viewed
- Low lymphocytes high monocytes diabetes?
- Hemoglobin level of 10
- Minimal fluid in mastoid cells
- Low wbc,low alt sgpt and high monocytes
- Calcium level of 101
- Which gum kills sperm cells
- High rbc atypical lymphocytes low monocytes
- Grams stain occasional pus cells
- Elevated white cells 16000
- Low lymphocytes high monocytes
- Low mean corpuscular hemoglobin mch
- Low segmenters high lymphocytes monocytes suggestions
- Anemia blood count 10
- Vyvanse good for sickle cell
- C cell low grade follicular lymphoma