What does joint pain,knee and shoulder pain and staph titer 850 indicate?
User rating for this question
Patient is a male 21 years old.Six months ago he experienced pain in his jointsk, particulary his right knee and shoulder joints. He is unable to walk normally because he is in pain. Staph titer is 850. he is taking neurontin 300mg, mobic, sulindal 1'day, onepiazold 1/day penicillin 2000mg/day. Can you speculate as to what his disagnosis might be ? Other MD's are puzzled. R.Carnow
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Rheumatic arthritis or Juvenile Rheumatoid arthrit Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history and age there is possibility of rheumatic arthritis or Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis. I will advise some important blood investigation like ASO titre,RA factor,ACCP,CRP,ESR,CBC. Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis may involve large or small joints and early morning stiffness in joints, if clinical and pathological reports match then early JRA diagnosis can be predicted. Rheumatic arthritis is common in early age group and can be sequel to rheumatic fever. You can continue your medication till reports arrive. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Walnuts and knee joint pain
- Financial assistance for hip replacement
- Amlong side effects thirst
- Acupuncture for knee joint pain
- For what amlong 5 mg tablet is prescribed ?
- Treatment for club foot
- Do human males have an extra rib bone
- Secondary amenorrhea stool shape
- Do and donts of ligament tear
- Suggest treatment for joint pain and shoulder pain
- Deltoid nerve bruised
- What is the treatment for knee joint pain
- Knee joint pain pus
- Changing from ramipril to amlodipine
- Chronic vaginal discharge ammonia