What does "insertional tendinopathy of the gluteus medius and minimus tendon bilaterally" mean?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus on 11/26/13.. Came out of surgery with horrible pain on that hip and upper thigh pain. The hospital said a lot of people complain. I can't sleep, stand, lie down and the knee pain is worse than before the surgery. A MRI of the hip today shows insertional tendinopathy of the gluteus medius and minimus tendon bilaterally, Today the knee Left knee MRi summary says A recurrent tear on the knee involving the body segment, and, moderate joint effusion with intra-articular loose bodies (8 X 5mm l00lose body on the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus and a 3 mm loose body anterior to the lateral femoral condyle. Also shows findings suggestive of hematopoietic red marrow hyperplasia within the distant femur. After almost 2 months of unbearable pain does this mean I need another surgery? What are the loose bodies?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: you might need another surgery. Detailed Answer: Hi, According to your mri report there is still tear in in lateral menescus and loose body (detach portion of torn meniscus). I feel you need another arthroscopic surgery to knee. For meniscus and removal of loose body. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concerns. Take care.