What does "however the mucosa" in a colonoscopy mean?

General Surgeon
Hello, I did a Colonoscopy and in the finding part of the report it say everything is normal and the say "however the mucosa..." I didn't understand that part or what it meant so can you please tell me what does that mean? I attached the report.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Inflammation is possible Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. Such image in colonoscopy can indicate some chronic inflammation of the intestine. Due to inflammatory process mucosa gets fragile an easily bleeds. To determine what kind of inflammation it is, samples should be collected and checked under microscope. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.