What does "however the mucosa" in a colonoscopy mean?
User rating for this question
Hello, I did a Colonoscopy and in the finding part of the report it say everything is normal and the say "however the mucosa..." I didn't understand that part or what it meant so can you please tell me what does that mean? I attached the report.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Inflammation is possible Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. Such image in colonoscopy can indicate some chronic inflammation of the intestine. Due to inflammatory process mucosa gets fragile an easily bleeds. To determine what kind of inflammation it is, samples should be collected and checked under microscope. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Why am i putting over weight
- How will low recto vaginal fistula affect pregnancy
- What causes indegestion and tightness in stomach
- What does avm and avms mean in relation to colonoscopy
- How to treat disease diagnosed by this stool test report
- Can daughter be a carrier of a cancer
- My all part of the body muscle are weak
- What does nodular mucosa in a colonoscopy indicate
- Polyps found on colonoscopy what does that mean
- Need medication for gastritis
- Will neil 72 contraceptive pill work after 60 hours
- What does however the mucosa in a colonoscopy mean
- Does sertraline and lyrica cause diarrhea
- How to cure reaction caused by the lithium drug
- What does abnormal mucosa mean colonoscopy