What does "hiv 1/0/2 abs, qua non-reactive normal non- reactive status" mean?

I took a hiv test. These are the results: hiv 1/0/2 abs, qua non-reactive normal non- reactive status: F Is this an initial screening test result or a supplemental test result? Do I have HIV
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: if window period passed-negative Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic There are different types of HIV tests available. The test that you took checked for levels of antibodies to the HIV virus. Antibodies are formed when the body reacts to the presence of a virus, bacteria or fungi. In some persons, it can take up to 3 months for these antibodies against HIV to form to detectable levels. This is why the window period of any antibody HIV tests is 3 months. The window period is the time it takes for a test to definitely be able to say whether an infection is present or not. This means-(1) if you did this tests 3 months after any risky or worrying event , then the window period is gone and you are truly negative- no HIV (2)If you did this tests prior to the 3 months- then you may want to repeat after the 3 month mark. There are some tests that look for the HIV virus itself. They have a window period of 2 to 3 weeks . This is a PCR rna test I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions