What does fracture midshaft of both clavicle mean?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My baby is 7 months old and one of Xray report says that "fracture midshaft of both clavicle". I want to know what does it mean? As now a days whenever we try to lift him he cries and many times while sleeping he will cry loudly and will wake up. We are unable to figure out as already he is suffering from seizures as it was a vaccum assited delivery so he got hurt in head as swallen and bleeding was there and after 10 days of birth Xray report says that "fracture midshaft of both clavicle". Please let me know what does it mean and is there some ting serious.
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 40 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Fracture midshaft of both clavicle means broken both collarbone at middle.First I would like to tell you that it is not any serious thing, so do not worry about it.
It is not uncommon after difficult deliveries. It usully takes 2-3 weeks to unite in babies.

Hope this will help you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.