What does foamy urine indicate?
User rating for this question
I seem to have a UTI. I took a Z PAC. I still have symptoms which is like foamy urine. Have never had a fever. Could this be something else? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chronic kidney disease is possible. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Foamy urine is quite characteristic symptom of protein in the urine. Such protein usually appears due to chronic kidney disease (caused by diabetes or some inflammation for example). Typical symptoms of UTI are frequent urinating, burning while urinating, trace of blood in the urine, lower abdominal pain. So if you have only foamy urine and frequent urinating, chronic kidney disease should be ruled out. To do that, you should start with urine analysis to see if there is any protein in the urine. Nefrologist should be also consulted. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- What does blood in urine indicate
- Why does my left rib cage hurts when i cough
- Pus cell in urine in childern
- What indicates a continuous urine
- Pus cells in urine in children indicates
- Reason for swollen legs and pitting edema
- Urine pus cells limit for childrens
- Foamy urine no protain in urine
- Pus cells in urine in children
- Pus cell red cell in urine
- What does foamy urine indicate
- Can angina cause arm pain without any other symptoms
- What does foamy urine and yellow stool indicate
- What causes vomiting after each feed in a baby
- Reason for green or frothy stools of breastfed baby