What does elevated white count in urine indicate when suffering from kidney pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
two years ago this march I fell well actually was tripped by my cat and broke 3 ribs, then I sneezed and broke the tip off of one with an approximate 1/2 inch gap between, after all this time I still have pain that is only relieved with pain pills, recently I had sever kidney pain on the same side that was resolved to some degree with antibiotics but the pain is still there. When I put my hand on my ribs and lightly push in the pressure seems to help relieve the pain. I am tired of hurting and am scheduled this month for a full body bone scan, is there anything I should worry about? I am also being followed by a gastrointeroligist for a focular benien spot on my liver.I forgot to mention that the urinalisis showed trace amount of blood and elevated white count
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult your physician for kidney pain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. There is nothing to worry about fracture rib and the gap between. Only concern could be fracture ends irritating the soft tissue around causing some inflammation and might be the cause of your pain. Elevated white count in urine shows sign of infection in urinary tract causing kidney pain. As you had taken the antibiotic therapy for control of infection , go for repeat urine examination if your symptoms persist. Consult your physician for kidney pain. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care