What does "eGFR is 57,sodium 129 and chloride 90" indicate?

My eGFR is 57 my sodium is129 my chloride is 90 creat ok have had 24hr urine test X-rays etc nothing else found with my kidneys Is there anything wrong with my kidneys a specialist says not that eGFR should be taken off blood tests
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hi, Good day. Noted that you have high cholesterol and hypertension. Now eGFR is calculated by the software installed in the computer. There are number of methods to calculate this and eGFR might vary little bit based on the method used. Could you provide following info ? 1. Your height and weight 2. Your Creatinine and serum Pottasium 3. Are you White/black/Asian etc. 4. What BP medication are you on. 5.Smoking history 6. Any use of pain killers ? 7.Have you ever had a Thyroid blood test done ? Would be grateful if you could provide me the answers so that i can reply in a better manner Kind Regards Binu