What does blood in urine indicate?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My daugther 5 is complaining about a painful tummy since the weekend. Yesterday at school she had a accident in her panties but is was light. During the night while sleeping her tummy went. It was quite a bit and had a funny smell. She went to the toilet 2 during the night. The second time there was quite a bit of blood in her thesis. This morning she went to the toilet - urine and again quite a bit( i would almost say a lot) of blood in her urine. Her stomch did not go. I thought maybe her anus is bleeding, but she say she has no pain. I gave her 10 ml kantraxal and 5 ml buscopan last night. Whatdoes the blood mean
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: needs urgent medical attention Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writingto health care magic. Blood in the urine after a injury needs immediate medical examination. It could be local trauma to vulva or injury to urethra which results in blood in urine . I would advice you to visit ER immediately to get your daughter examined. Any injury needs prompt intervention depending on the location and severity. Do not delay. Keep her hydrated meanwhile with plenty of liquids . Wishing your daughter speedy recovery. Dr Arun