Ask a Urologist   »  

What does a white spot on penis indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hello I recently noticed one white spot look like a pimple on my penis ring as I may say .. it has been there for more than a month and wont go away help!
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is submucous cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photographs that you have uploaded it appears that you have what is called as Sub-mucous cyst over glans of the penis.. The glans of the penis has multiple mucous glands which secrete mucous just like saliva which helps in keeping it moist This secretions get accumulated due to blockage of the opening of the duct resulting in formation of a small lumps (Cyst)filled with watery fluid. Normally it goes away of its own but may need to be drained when persists for a long time or increases in size. Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical assessment and get it drained under local anaesthesia . It is a simple procedure and takes 5-10 minutes . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does a white spot on penis indicate? 18 minutes later
thanks doctor! is it harmless? does it cause disease if not treated? I noticed right now under my tongue wt appeared like cyst when I google it it said common to find under tongue too . I found wt looks like a tooth gum under tongue thanks for ur help

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: It is harmless. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up.The cyst is harmless but it may accidentally get ruptured during sexual intercourse. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does a white spot on penis indicate? 2 days later
I have noticed 2 days ago wt looks like 2 pimples under my tongue near the middle line under tongue. no pain or discomfort but they are just there. ive been waking up nd having dry mouth lately plz help Thanks!

Brief Answer: These are Submucus Cysts. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up.These are submucus cyst and will get resolved of their own .If you are curious about them you can puncture these cysts yourself or with the help of your family Physician. Thanks and Regards, Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does a white spot on penis indicate? 11 minutes later
do they cause dry lips?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dry lips are not due to these cysts. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing again. Dryness of the lips is not due to these cysts.It could be due to cold whether or less intake of water. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.