What does a lump between anus and testicles indicate?

Lump between anus and testicles. Noticed this a about two days ago now its really painful.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: An abscess needs to be checked for first. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is of utmost importance to get this lump evaluated for. Characteristics of this lump would however need to be precised. Associated swelling of neighboring lymph nodes and any fever would indicate an infectious process and a probable abscess. The image clearly shows an inflammation with redness and swelling. The rapid onset, accompanied by severe pain is an indication of a probable infection. A notion of trauma should be investigated. Lymph nodes are rarely located in this area, if not one would have thought about an inflamed lymph node. Doing a complete blood count in search of raised white blood cells would be very diagnostic of an infectious process and possibly an abscess. An erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C reactive protein titres, if raised would indicate also an acute inflammatory reaction. It is prudent to treat this first as an abscess as you await a deeper clinical review if symptoms persist or aggravate. A non steroidal anti inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen would reduce the pain and inflammation. A needle aspiration, in case pus has collected for microbacterial culture and examination would be useful. This shall aid in identifying the exact germ and anti biotic that could eradicate it. I do think Drugs like Ibuprofen and Flucloxaccillin could be good initial agents, as further investigations could be under way. You could consult your primary care physician for appropriate doses based on your medical history and other clinical peculiarities. Please, do feel free asking further questions in case of need. i would be glad making my humble contributions. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain
Follow-up: What does a lump between anus and testicles indicate? 2 days later
Hi, thanks for the answer! Went to the doctor and prescribed me flucoxacilin. Started taking it on Friday feel much better already. I have to take it for 7 days. Thanks again!
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks and fast recovery Detailed Answer: Thanks and wishing you a fast recovery. Dr Bain.