What does a lump behind the ear indicate?
User rating for this question
hi my boyfriend has a lump behind his ear you cant see it but you can feel it its almost like a ball barian but a little bigger and it hurts when he touches it csn you help please
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its likely to be an enlarged lymph node. Detailed Answer: Hello, commonest cause of such lump in this region is a enlarged lymph node.Infection in the region of ear , nose and throat can cause such nodes.Dandruff can also cause such node. These nodes dont need any treatment.One has to look for any source of infection in surrounding organs. Doctor can confirm the enlarged node by having a look at it.I generally treat patients like him with a short course of antibiotics. So bring this to notice of his doctor. Hope this answers your query.Regards.
People also viewed
- What are the symptoms of swimmer's ear?
- Chest pains bumpy rash
- I have a bumpy itchy freckle
- Burn healing now raised and bumpy
- Vaginal orifice bumpy growth
- What does a lump behind the ear indicate
- Dry bumpy roof of mouth
- Can ataxia cause difficulty swallowing?
- What could a lump behind the ear be
- What are the symptoms of tapeworm infection?
- What does a lump in ear indicate
- Can my stiff neck be due to tonsillitis?
- What does a paiful lump behind the ears indicate
- What does an air-filled lump behind the ears indicate
- Can sore throat cause difficulty swallowing?