Ask a Urologist   »  

What does a bump on penis indicate?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello. I have had a bump on my penis since November 2012. I was tested for STD's in November of 2013 and everything came back NEGATIVE. My ultimate concern is what is this bump on penis? It doesn't hurt but can be felt.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: another photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Its appearing like a cyst or viral wart. I would like to see a close up photograph in order to confirm my diagnosis. Please upload a clear photograph so I can help you better. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: What does a bump on penis indicate? 4 hours later
Helo Dr. XXXXXXX I have uploaded a closer pic. Let me know if it works

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer: viral wart Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. It is looking like a viral wart and needs to be removed by Radiofrequency ablation. Please meet a dermatologist, it can be removed within few minutes. Thank you.

Follow-up: What does a bump on penis indicate? 11 hours later
Thank you. How much would the surgery cost and would I have to spend the night at a hospital for it?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello, It costs around 50USD, the cost may vary depending on the hospitals. It will just take few minutes to remove the lesion. You don't need to stay in hospital. Thank you