What does CRP of .55 ng/ml indicate?

I am a 22 year old male... my father is 58 diabetic.. his dad died of a stroke at 54... my mom's dad had a stroke in his late 60s... lately I have been getting some rapid heart beats at odd intervals.. didn't get an ekg or anything done yet.. any suggestions? I got a CRP test which came out at .55 ng/ml
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Follow-up: What does CRP of .55 ng/ml indicate? 3 minutes later
cardio crp questions
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably infection !? / Get examined / Repeat Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic CRP (C Reactive Protein) is an acute phase reactant… It is like ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) They go up in acute conditions – like inflammation and so on! It does not indicate a specific cause / but points the need for further investigations... its severity is a clue for follow up and improvement… At this age, other causes are more likely – typically infection… See an Internist / get yourself examined / at times, other investigation may be necessary... Repeat it after a week, after any treatment - like antibiotic, n case of infection... With the family history, the wise course is to get investigated for risk factors like sugar & Cholesterol / Blood pressure…. (At times, more like homo-cysteine, Fibrinogen, Lipoprotein and so on – the examining physician may deem fit) Avoid stress / No smoking & drinking / keep normal weight / Take care Wishing all well God bless